Day Two - June 20, 2006
I blew off a planning meeting for work. This was not irresponsibility on my part because:
- No one contacted me with the meeting place, and time.
- My potential sitter for Leroy didn't get back to me. This kinda cheeses me because I did watch her child last week, including talking another mom into letting me bring her to a birthday party at the last minute.
Oh well, instead I "resigned" myself to a morning at the Crocker Art Museum with Leroy. It was fun, but I'm still puzzling over the attraction of it for Leroy. He didn't spend any time looking at the art (with the exception of the occasional eye catching modern sculpture), but dashed from room to room, with occasional pauses to color his own pictures that had nothing to do with the art on display. I had to bribe him to get time to look at the Escher prints on display.
After that we went to Fremont Park in downtown. The playground was in full sunlight, unfortunately (it's in the 90s already) but there was a Farmers' Market. We had a "fruit picnic" at Leroy's insistence, and shared Chinese take-out. He rediscovered chow mein noodles, and decided he preferred chop sticks.
Once home, I supervised Leroy mopping the floor. Why would I subject myself to his "help"? Well, Leroy is a recent bid for independent food sources (getting it himself) has been pouring his own lemonade (most of which ends up on the counter or floor). We decided he needed to rectify this himself.
The evening should be nice with a picnic concert at the zoo. Tomorrow Leroy goes to grandma's while I do housework (not that I'm motivated, mind you).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home